BMO, in collaboration with Deloitte, is pleased to present the BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program.
10 Women-Owned Businesses will each receive a $10,000 grant, and an additional 8 will receive a $2,500 grant for their business
Sustainability is fundamental to BMO’s Purpose to Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. In line with BMO’s commitment to direct capital to achieve positive sustainability impacts, applicants for the 2021 BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program will be evaluated for their contribution to social, environmental and/or economic sustainability outcomes. Applicants are asked to demonstrate how they are creating positive impacts, or minimizing negative impacts, for their customers, communities, employees and/or other stakeholders. Impacts can be generated through an organization’s policies, practices or products, where these advance sustainability objectives such as those of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Is my business eligible to apply?
To be eligible, you must be able to convey how your business is contributing to social, environmental and/or economic sustainability outcomes.
Applicants must also meet all eligibility criteria, including:
- is a resident of Canada, and
- has reached the legal age of majority in their province or territory
- is at least 51% owned or controlled by women or by individual(s) who self-identify as women,
- is headquartered in Canada with a minimum 50% of revenue tied to business sales done in Canada,
- is currently active and operating in Canada,
- is a for-profit business with annual revenues of $10 million CAD or less, and
- has been in operation selling a product or service for a minimum of 2 years as of January 1, 2021
NOTE: Applicants who received a grant from the BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program in 2020 are not eligible to participate in the 2021 program. For full details on the BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program, please click here for the Official Terms and Conditions.
What information is needed to apply for a grant?
The application itself requires providing basic information about the business owner(s) and the business. Each applicant must answer a series of short questions about the sustainability impacts that have been incorporated into their business. Each applicant must also create a short video and include the URL with their application. (Additional Information for Video Submission)
For further information on the grant program and sustainability, watch our BMO Grant Program Education/Support Webinar below.
When can I apply?
Applications are currently being accepted. The last day to submit an application is Friday, August 13, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.
How do I apply?
Once your application is completed, click “Submit Application” and your application will be forwarded to a secure data platform for consideration and review.
See the Official Terms and Conditions for full details about the 2021 Grant Program.
- July 26, 2021: Grant application portal is open for submissions
- August 13, 2021: Grant application portal closes
- Early September: Semi-finalists will be notified
- Early October: Finalists will be notified
- Late October: Grant Recipients will be notified
- November 19, 2021: 18 Grant Recipients will be announced
Learn more about the Advisory Panel
Watch our BMO Grant Program Education/Support Webinar