BMO, in collaboration with Deloitte, is pleased to present the 2022 BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program.
There will be $150,000 in grants awarded: 1 grant of $20,000, 4 grants of $15,000 and 7 grants of $10,000.
As part of our purpose commitment to Boldly Grow the Good in business and life, BMO is inviting Canadian women business owners to apply for one of 12 grants by sharing their high-level business growth plans. Any type of business growth will be considered be it new products/services, new markets, etc.
Is my business eligible to apply?
To be eligible, you must be able to convey your business growth plans over the next 12 months.
Applicants must also meet all eligibility criteria, including:
- is a resident of Canada, and
- has reached the legal age of majority in their province or territory
- is fifty percent (50%) or more owned and controlled by a woman, and/or by an individual who self-identifies as a woman,
- is headquartered in Canada with a minimum 50% of revenue tied to business sales done in Canada,
- is currently active and operating in Canada,
- is a for-profit business with annual revenues of fifty thousand Canadian dollars ($50,000) or more, and
- has been in operation selling a product or service for a minimum of 2 years as of September 1, 2022
NOTE: Applicants who received a grant from the BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program in the past are not eligible to participate in the 2022 program. For full details on the BMO Celebrating Women Grant Program, please click here for the Official Terms and Conditions.
What information is needed to apply for a grant?
The application itself requires providing basic information about the business owner(s) and the business. Each applicant must answer a series of short questions about their growth plans, the challenges the business may encounter, quantifiable growth goals and how the grant will help achieve their growth objectives. If the application is selected to move on to Round 2, the applicant must also create a short video and include the URL with their application.
When can I apply?
Applications are currently being accepted. The last day to submit an application is October 17, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
How do I apply?
Once your application is completed, click “Submit Application” and your application will be forwarded to a secure data platform for consideration and review.
See the Official Terms and Conditions for full details about the 2022 Grant Program.
- September 26, 2022 – 8:00 AM Eastern Time: Grant application portal is open for submissions
- October 17, 2022 – 8:00 PM Eastern Time: Grant application portal closes
- Early November 2022: Semi-finalists will be notified
- Early December 2022: Finalists will be notified
- Mid February 2023: Grant Recipients will be notified
- March 15, 2023: 12 Grant Recipients will be announced
Panel of Judges:
Virginie Audet, CEO of Audet Branding; WPO Montreal Chapter Chair
Gurjit Cheema, Educator/Researcher- Female Entrepreneurship of GcDc.ca
Laura Didyk, Vice President, Client Diversity at BDC
Kennisha Dyer, Director, Canadian Commercial Banking at BMO Financial Group
Julie Laberge, President of LSA
Barbara Mowat, President of Impact Communications Ltd. & GroYourBiz Ltd.
Caroline Renaud, Vice President & Market Leader, Quebec at BMO Private Wealth
Vania Sakelaris, Founder/ Principal of VAS & Associates Inc.
Lisa Weatherbed, Partner, Financial Advisory at Deloitte